Monday, September 9, 2013

Kindergarten to University

DSC_0031

Silas started Kindergarten. He was very excited to go to the same school as four of his other siblings and I am excited to have all five of them in the same school!

DSC_0001

Zoe is in grade one. She on the other hand was not very excited to go back to school. I think being at school all day is going to be difficult for her. I am curious to see what her teacher will think of her in these first days.

DSC_0007_2

Lilah is also in grade one. I put the little girls in different classes this year. Lilah is very smart and Zoe was comparing herself to Lilah all the time. Lilah loves school and could hardly wait to go back!

DSC_0019

Micah is in grade five and only wanted to go back to school to be with all of his friends.

DSC_0016

Eli is in grade eight. He loves being at school. He is very social and loves to learn.

DSC_0002

Josiah on the other hand... hates school. I totally get it. He would rather be at the skatepark and making his movies. He was excited to start high school, but only because it means the end is near!

DSC_0006_2

And then there's this girl... Abby started University. She is taking Science at a smaller, local University. It amazes me how nothing stresses her and she just drives off like it's no big deal.

I never thought I would have this many children and that they would range from age 5 to 18. I don't know if it makes me feel old or young!

6 comments:

likeschocolate said...

Young right because to have no children in school and all off makes you old or maybe it is a state of mind. Wishing you a great school year!

the meaklims said...

It's probably comparative to me want my kids to grow up one day and slow down the next! Feel old one day and young the next! :)

Beautiful portraits of your kiddies. You have a nice mix of love and not so much in love... with school!

You are a really blessed Mama.
Jill

Jessica said...

I was thinking of your littles on the first day of school :) It is such a big change from k to grade 1, and also for Silus starting k.
Glad everyone is settling in, even if you go just for the friends :) That was me too.

Patrick and Christina said...

Beautiful photos' of the kids...and young adults! ;)

I am feeling like you...not sure whether I am young or old? The youngest starts pre-school tomorrow and the oldest is in third year university. Never in a million years could I have imagined being in this situation! LOL

All I really know for sure is that I am SUPER tired at this time of year as we transition from summer mode back to work and school! (...and only have 3 to worry about! )

Take Care and happy learning to all the kids.

Marie said...

Ahh! I so hear all of you...feeling young and old at the same time...and never having thought this is what our lives would look like...we'll have to start some sort of group or club! lol! I do think it makes you more young than old though. Look at all you do. If it wasn't for your littles you would be aging fast, sipping on tepid water! ;)

Monica said...

You are a young Mama with some old kids! And young kids too. What a lucky mama you are. It must be so interesting to parent this number of children with such a range in ages.